Sunday, September 01, 2013

Doodles from Days Past or "What boredom can do"

Hello internet friends! So a couple days ago I began my final year of secondary school. That's sixth year for Irish people, senior year for the Murricans (I think). Anyway, in preparation for this year, at the end of which I'll be taking this big ol test which will help decide my future, I tidied my desk. And on it I found a LOT of doodles and drawings from last year. Mostly from a trip I went on to represent Ireland in the Model European Parliament. I had fun looking back on them and thinking how little I've grown up in the year between so I though I might share them with you lovely people. Here goes:

Ok, this seems as good a place to start as any. Small sidenote, most of these were drawn at the General Assembly on the final day of the conference. I wasn't getting recognised and to stop myself from falling asleep I was doodling to my little heart's content. My sanity was perhaps more questionable than usual. I made a little paper hat and presented it to my friend Sarah sitting next to me and she promptly place it on my highlighter. Then I drew this. Again, sanity was teetering at this point.

I think the picture speaks for itself. I kinda sparsed on the trail of destruction...

This chair is pimp. Don't try and deny it.

This was meant to be a biscuit. We'd just had lunch. It was a goooood biscuit.

I mentioned I may have been over tired at this point, right?

Um, yeah.

This is like a legit conspiracy, guys. The European Union logo thing looks reeeeally like a pokeball. Therefore they have pokemon and are keeping them from us. Or it's a coincidence, but how likely is that?

Pikachu eating an apple. I think I got hungry again. I like the shading on this one.

I'll be honest, I have no idea what this was supposed to be. I think I drew a pig's head and just rolled with random animal parts from there. I think it turned out pretty cool.

One of my friends also on the trip, Lee, has these crazy disproportionately long legs. He told us that when he was six he was offered a place at a ballet school because of them but he turned it down. I drew this.

Lol cats are still a thing, right?

Um, it's a king. And a dude.

I did this one in committee. I could barely keep my eyes open.

This took a very, very long time. I like fractals, they're cool. And I made a piranha a duck and a turtle from the triangles.

I drew the European Union symbol first. Then I turned it into an EU deathstar. And wrote the Imperial March in "dun"s at the top of the page. I am just that cool.

This also took a long, long time. I've gone through phases of drawing these all down my right hand and arm. I'll probably try and find a picture of that to post at some point.

It's a zombie and a piranha plant. I think I was trying to be fancy with my shading. It sorta worked...? Also, I added "mallows" to the word "Marsh" printed at the top of the page. It had to be done, y'know?

So yeah, that is what happens when I get bored. I omitted some of the less relevant ones, or the ones than flat out don't make sense. Though I suppose that suggests that any of these make sense...

Embrace the madness.

No comments:

Post a Comment