Tuesday, June 26, 2012

The Title of this Blog

Now, as the more osbervant of you may have noticed, this blog is titled "Mental Notes". Congrats if you are one of those people! If not, eat some vegetables, maybe a fish or two and find refuge in the fact that a sharp mind like yours can always be put to good use in politics. 

The title of this blog (Mental Notes, keep up people) came to me in a bout of inspiration (those of which come far less frequently than I would like) and I personally think it is very clever; so Ima boast a bit. I would've had this blog up and running a lot earlier had I been able to thing of an adequately ingenius name sooner (I'm a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to my art and such things).

I wanted to set up the blog for my music, first and foremost, so I experimented with names like "Guitarmac" (but it's not just about guitar and I do not own a mac, nor do I have any interest in road laying materials), and "Living Lyrics" ( but it still didn't seem at all clever enough) so I procarastinated a lot, wrote, and frankly, put it out of my mind completely.

Then, a couple of days ago, I was advised to start a blog (because everyone should, apparently, although I personally believe that some people should not be let within 30 miles of internet access, for the best interests of humanity) and I though, Mental Note; start a blog. Mental Note. So perfect, simple, with many meanings all of which combined describe exactly what I want to convey with my blog. My subconscious is a freakin genius, wish it could do that more. 

Mental Notes. Mental notes as in simply thoughts. Mental notes as in notes which are perhaps a bit liberal in the old sanity department. Mental notes as in musical notes contained within the conscious and subconscious mind. And mental notes as in musical notes which are peculiar and different but good all the same. 

You sharp minded people will already have figured these out, I would hope (it's not exactly cryptic) but I just though I'd (humbly) spell out how perfect and simple and amazing the name was. These things are what I hope to offer in my blog, and more. There will be more to come. 

Embrace the madness 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment